Background SG-SICA

 

 

 

The General Secretariat of the Organization of Central American States (ODECA) was created with the signing of the Charter of the Organization, also called the Charter of San Salvador. It was signed in San Salvador on October 14, 1951, and entered into operation between September and October, 1955, with headquarters established at the majestic Mansión Pino Alto, on Paseo General Escalón, in San Salvador, El Salvador, Central America.

 

The General Secretariat of the Central American Integration System (SG-SICA) was created with the signing of the Tegucigalpa Protocol, on December 13, 1991. It came into operation on  February 1, 1993, with headquarters in San Salvador, El Salvador, Central America.

The first headquarters of the General Secretariat SICA were established at the residence of Mr. Secretary General Dr. Roberto Herrera Cáceres, in the Colonia Escalón neighbourhood on February 1, 1993.

They were later relocated to Number 5353, Paseo General Escalón, at a building adjoining the Club Campestre, in the same neighbourhood, on October 27, 1993, still under Dr. Cáceres’ tenure.

From August, 1998, to October, 2011, the General Secretariat of SICA operated from Number 470, Boulevard Orden de Malta, Ubanizacion Santa Elena, Antiguo Cuscatlan.

Other Related Information